There are a few ways in which you can collect your food scraps in your kitchen so that you won’t be constantly running outside to dump them in your compost bin. There are a bunch of countertop containers on the market and I even have some available for you along with compost liners in the Savvy Shop.
But here, I’m gonna show you how to make your own! (It’s really easy).
DIY Countertop Compost Caddy
What you’ll need:
- An empty container that’s at least a 3lb capacity (I recycled an old oxygen cleaner container for this, because it has a nifty handle.)
- Power drill with small drill bit to make hole in top (No drill? You can use a hammer and drywall nail instead)
- Charcoal filter (You can find these here and at pet stores )
- Hot glue gun or Crazy Glue
- Velcro (you’re only going to use the side with the “teeth”)
Directions: Continue reading