Homemade Facial Routine
Posted in Health, Health Recipes | Sunday, September 5th, 2010
I tried this the other day and I’ve decided that I’m going to try to do this weekly. There’s basically 8 parts to this facial. Cleanse, exfoliate, steam, exfoliate again, mask, rinse, tone and moisturize.
1. Cleanse – I wash my face with Black Soap. You can find the kind I use here.
2. Exfoliate – homemade scrub
- Sugar Mommy Scrub*
- 1 tbsps sugar
- 1 tbsps olive oil
- 3 drops of organic rosehip oil
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl and massage into face and neck for 2 to 3 minutes
3. Steam – this is the fun part.
- Boil filtered or mineral water in a pot on the stove
- Add one drop each of essentials oils of eucalyptus, rosemary and tea tree oils (skip the rosemary oil if you’re pregnant)
- Cover your head with a towel and lean over so the steam hits your face comfortably (this should NOT burn!)
- Close your eyes and breathe slowely (this is also great if you have a cold or allergies)
4. Exfoliate – while your face is still wet apply another portion of scrub and massage your skin gently for two minutes
5. Mask – Homemade Clay Mask
- Bentonite Clay Mask
- 2 tbsps Bentonite clay
- 1.5 tbsps of Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix together in a bowl (not metal bc it reacts with the clay) until smooth.
6. Rinse – with purified or mineral water
7. Use toner – I take a cotton ball or pad, and dip it in a 50-50 mixture of witch hazel and rosewater (which I keep in a little glass jar wuth a cork on the sink)
8. Moisturize – I love the rosehip oil in this Homemade moisturizer.
I got the idea for the routine and the Sugar Mommy Scrub from *The Green Beauty Guide by Julie Gabriel available in the Savvy Shop here.
(please note that I skip my oil-cleansing routine on the days that I do this facial)
- Do you do your own facials? What do you use?
Leave a Reply