Yoli Ouiya of Yoli’s Green Living and I ran a panel on Sat., April 20, at the NY Green Fest at the Jacob Javtiz Center in New York called “Green Your Beauty Green Your Life” Here’s a list of some of the things that we shared, in case you missed it:
- It’s really simple to make your Brown Sugar Body Scrub, with just three ingredients: Grapeseed Oil, White sugar and Turbinado sugar
- You can make your own DIY Fabric Softener with just vinegar, or vinegar and baking soda with just a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil
- Yoli had some great tips about how you can whiten your teeth naturally with strawberries:
- rub a cut strawberry across you teeth and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing
- mash a ripe strawberry with baking soda into a paste and brush with it
- You can also whiten your teeth and solve digestive problems at the same time by eating a slice of papaya every day
- Cherries are an excellent source of antioxidants and aid in digestion as well as clear skin
We had a lot of fun at the event and got some really great questions from the audience. Unfortunately, Eden, who was supposed to do the panel with us with her fabulous makeup tips, had a huge wedding to do but answered people’s questions individually afterwards. (Check out Eden’s site here).
Thanks so much for everyone’s support! Stay tuned for my round up of fabulous folks and gear that I met this year!
Also, it was great to see that the GreenFest also was committed to Deaf Accessibility as we had not one but two people translating our lecture into sign language for us.
You can find all of us on twitter if you have any more questions!
- Did you go to GreenFest NY? did you have fun?