One day for lunch, I pulled out carrots, celery and some tortilla chips I had made and was shocked to find that I was out of hummus. . So I rummaged through the cabinets and found a can of cannellini beans. Then I poked around the web until I found this recipe, and doctored it up a bit. It’s quick, easy, packed with protein and gave me something to dip my veggies in!
Simple Vegan White Bean Dip
- - 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- - 3 cloves garlic
- - 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- - 1/3 cup olive oil
- - 1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- - A few leaves of basil chopped
- - Kosher Salt
- - Freshly ground black pepper
Pour the beans, garlic, basil and parsley in a food processor and pulse until fully chopped. Then add the olive oil followed by the rest of the ingredients.
It’s really that simple. I could totally see serving this dip at a party with chips!
*What’s your favorite dip?